What is vert.x?
Vert.x is a tool-kit for building reactiveapplications on the JVM.
- Vert.x is lightweight – Vert.x core is around 650kB in size.
- Vert.x is fast. Here are some independent numbers.
- Vert.x is not an application server. There’s no monolithic Vert.x instance into which you deploy applications. You just run your apps wherever you want to.
- Vert.x is modular – when you need more bits just add the bits you need and nothing more.
- Vert.x is simple but not simplistic. Vert.x allows you to create powerful apps, simply.
- Vert.x is an ideal choice for creating light-weight, high-performance, microservices.
Lately I’ve playing with vert.x and, believe me vert.x is here to stay forever. I really enjoyed building applications on top it.
If you want to learn and you can directly access their awesome documentations and examples.
I’ve got some simple starter examples on github